Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Vile Parle - A window view



 I have just had my lunch and am sitting on the swing in front of the window of

the third floor apartment of my host in Mumbai.


The window overlooks the busy traffic junction in the middle of Vile Parle, Mumbai

and while watching the scene outside my window, I am tempted to imitate my

favourite author Ruskin Bond describing the scene outside his famous window.


I am unaffected by the traffic, the hustle and bustle and also the drizzle ! Mini

trucks and cars wait for the signal to turn green and auto rickshaws and scooters

try to manoeuvre their vehicles to the front. A street dog tries to cross the road

but turns back after almost getting run over by an autorickshaw. In the process of

reaching the front of the crowd, a scooterist brushes a car and there seems to be

an argument. The other road users put the fire out and traffic snails it’s way

past the signal. 


The mini truck of the sandwich wala is covered by blue plastic protecting him and

his customers from the continuous drizzle. I am unable to see his activities -

which according to my hosts is worth watching.


Crows sit on the high electric wires un disturbed by the happenings underneath

and look out for a bite of lunch. I am lucky to be having a full stomach, thanks to

my excellent hosts and as I write this, my eyes are tending to close and I  prefer

to stop typing and doze !

No comments: