Thursday, February 5, 2009

bird photography




This bird sat there on the telephone cable, lost in it’s own thoughts. May be it was contemplating on some matter important for the birds. It did not bother about the two humans holding a black object in it’s direction and waving it up and down. My son had noticed it first and tried to get a photograph. He was grumbling that he had to zoom in to the full and that it is difficult to keep the camera steady and get a good picture. He said that we have to use a better camera or ask the bird to come closer, both of which were out of question. I told him what we need is a better hand which one can acquire only after meticulously drilling and shaping thousands of teeth. I snatched the camera and got not one but three pictures. A bird with out head, a head with out bird and a telephone cable with out both. By the time I tried to make my performance acceptable, by supporting my elbow on the balcony wall, the bird decided that a bit of action is better than lot of thoughts and flew away.

I looked in the camera and found that though my son was grumbling about the quality of the pictures, he did get a full bird and that there was no need of a ‘spot the bird contest’. So I decided to rob his picture and post it here. While looking through, I found that he had captured our banana raiders too. The Bulbul pair. Incidentally they have bettered their taste. They select just ripe fruits with a uniform yellow hue and never continue on the same fruit the next day. They are getting spoilt.

By the way, the green little bird is the ‘Small Green Bee Eater’ and the pair, ‘Red whiskered Bulbul’ mr&mrs.

3 comments:

A. Knight said...

the bee eater is so pretty!!! but i have a question... and its likely to prove my ignorance beyond any doubts :)) but oh well! how hoes one know that the said pair of birds is in fact mr and mrs??? or more correctly how does one know who is mr and who is the mrs??

If there is a method kindly elaborate on the fellas in my orkut wildlife album as well :))

Sushma U N said...

Beautiful pictures!
Budding Upendra???
Possibly...... late bloomer!!!

-Girija

Akshay said...

u know who else is spoilt like the bul buls?? ur elder son...