Friday, May 15, 2009

IPL has it's uses

Most of my patients report with severe tooth ache and apprehensions about the treatment. Many of them do have hopes of an easy way out, but after hearing the details of treatment and the costs involved, their anxieties increase. They walk out with heavy steps, holding a prescription which they know may not be of much use. It is rare to find one in a happy state either entering into or exiting from my clinic.
There was one more such case yesterday. He went out dejected as usual and I shifted my attention to the next case.
My concentration was fully on the work on hand when the half door seperating my waiting room and treatment area burst open and the man who had walked out fifteen munutes back rushed in.
He had told me that he was feeling as if some one was hitting his tooth and the jaws with a hammer and I feared that they must have shattered.
"Doctor" he shouted to draw my attention. "Mumbai indians won and Sachin hit forty two in twenty eight balls. great"
He rushed out as abruptly as he had rushed in with a broad smile on his face and bounding steps, eager to share the good news with the world, forgetting his tooth and treatment. Apparently he had stayed back to watch IPL on the TV in my waiting room after consulting me.
I had expressed my opinion of IPL in one of my earlier posts. Now, I have to agree that IPL has it's uses.

No comments: