Monday, December 19, 2016

Sorry I did not Deposit My money Earlier.

My dear Government,
Read your latest warning in today’s paper.  If I remember right ( I am getting old and can’t remember things these days) you told us that we can deposit our old currency into our own accounts any time, any amount, any number of times, till 30th Dec. Please forgive me for I did not know that you were joking. I took it seriously.  I thought I will go over to the bank at my convenience and deposit whatever I had with me. What I have with me is honestly earned and tax paid money and I saw our hon  PM saying through large hoardings at all petrol pumps “honest people do not fear”. Again I did not know it was just the joke of the year. I took him seriously too. I did not deposit my old notes earlier because I really thought that you and our PM really meant whatever you had said. Only now I understand that you are making statements on day to day basis and you really do not mean what you say.
I was also confused by the Hon Supreme court which directed you to allow the use of old currency for basic needs as you have not been able to provide enough new currency.  I agree that I have been foolish in thinking that getting rid of pain falls under the category of basic needs and I have also accepted some old currency whenever my patients pleaded inability to pay me in new currency.
Now kindly accept these eighteen notes and please let me know if you want me to close down my clinic till you make up your mind about this demonetisation business which I do not understand. I am only a dentist and not an economist. But from my experience as a dentist with over forty years experience, I really know what is your problem. You have bitten more than you can chew. If you want to chew up things further please get in touch with me. I offer my services free.

Your faithfully,
an old dentist

No comments: