Sunday, January 25, 2009

sorry, wrong number

The telephone rang and I picked it up.
Me: Hello,
Caller: Listen, that BP apparatus is not alright.
Me: BP apparatus?
Caller: Yes. It s not good.
Me: Eh?
Caller: There is leakage.
Me: (silence)
Caller: Do you hear? There is LEAKAGE. Mercury LEAKS.
Me: OK
Caller: What OK? Get it repaired.
Me : OK
Caller : I will not bring it there. You send some one to collect it.
Me : OK
Caller : No. I don’t want it repaired. Give a new one
Me: OK
Caller: Send some one
Me: OK
Caller : Send some one TODAY. Do you understand?
Me: OK
Click.
I am sure the caller is waiting. Tomorrow’s conversation between this caller and the real seller will be worth listening. Especially if the seller refuses to replace the piece.
I mentioned this to my wife. And laughed.
Wife: “Look at you laughing…..What is wrong with you? What pleasure you have in creating misunderstanding between people? You have a twisted sense of humour. Some times you act weird. Why could you not just say wrong number?”

May be I should have. But something in the way in which the caller spoke and the tone, made me take him for a ride. Probabaly while taking the caller for a ride, I put the seller of the BP apparatus in trouble. Sorry.

1 comment:

A. Knight said...

Lets hope the seller of the B P apparatus is'nt going to reasd your blog... :)) Guilt is enough punishment na?? :))