Monday, March 23, 2009

IPL

IPL is shifted out of India. If you are one amongst the fortunate few who might say “what is IPL”? please consider yourself blessed. I know a little more about it and don’t like what I know about it. There are many things that I don’t like in this world and no body cares. No body need care. It is only my feelings. I do not understand why I feel happy about IPL being in trouble. I have nothing to do with it and it never troubled me in any way. I go through the scores of other cricket matches in the news papers. I completely ignore IPL, except to read the selling price of the players. Then why am I against it? I really don’t know. It may only be plain sadistic pleasure.
I tried to think for a few minutes why I have strong feelings against it. It is possibly because, here, the hype and glamour overtake essence and talent by leaps and bounds. For the same reason I have a negative feeling about the reality music shows, dance shows, quiz shows, fashion shows and all others. I think in all these activities glamour, hype and cash rule. I hate giving first place to these. Is it sour grapes? God knows.

Whatever it is, the truth is that, I felt very happy the very first time our home minister played a wrong note about conducting IPL this season. Since then, I followed it as avidly as I would, my child’s CET performance. I do not remember if I added an additional flower during my daily pooja but the gods have granted my sadistic request.

I met one of my friends during my morning walk. I did not know his views on cricket. I could not just exhibit my happiness carelessly. I cautiously said “did you hear about IPL”?. He asked me what happened to it. I told him that it is shifted out of India and he thanked me for giving him the good news. Then onwards the morning walk was a pleasure. Even after we enjoyed stoning the dead IPL during our morning walk, some traces remained in mind and I posted them here. Still, if any one is mourning losing IPL, I don’t mind changing my views temporarily – for the sake of the mourner- and joining for a minute’s silence.

No comments: