Monday, March 9, 2009

kannada blog

I have started a kannada blog – kaaDu haraTe, which can be visited at www.maatu-kate.blogspot.com. Typing in kannada takes longer and I find that it is impossible to get certain words in the blog. Either that or I have not yet found the trick of getting what I want. Whatever it is, I will start with short posts – anything that I find interesting - verses, paragraphs, jokes that I have liked. Since it is kaaDu haraTe, anything goes. I have posted a joke from beechi today. I tried typing ‘three’ ie ‘mUru’ as it is in the original script but I could only get either ‘maaru’ or ‘mOru’. So, I made it ‘naaku’- four. I think that I will have to allow myself such concessions. Hoping that I will be able to continue and improve the postings.

8 comments:

Sushma U N said...

I don't like this!!!!!!!!!! I can't read kannada! :(
So please transliterate and 're-post' everything you put there on to this post as well :D :D
Thank you :D :D

A. Knight said...

I second sushma! :(( At least she can understand kannada if it is read to her... i dont even understand kannada... except numbers 1 to 10 :))

So, please subtitle all posts in english or hindi...

Thank u :))

Brinda said...

Let Sush learn to read Kannada ! Please do not transliterate or re post as she has requested !
(Sorry, Sush ;))

I think you can be a bit fair to `A Knight' since I learn that she doesn't understand Kannada.

By the way where is this dumbo nowadays?

Anonymous said...

Sir, which software do you use to write in Kannada? There is one called Baraha Direct, which when kept running, types everything in Kannada, in any application, whether it be Word or any browser, etc.

M S Raghunandan said...

i have tried typing in BARAHA and pasting it on to the blog.you get the correct kannada letterings when typed in BARAHA but it goes wrong when pasted in the blog. transliteration in the blog depends on the words and not on letters. i do not know which software is used there. there are certain words that you can never get right in the blog. when i type i alter the words and put the ones nearest to what i actually want and manage. that is also the reason why i have not been able to publish more posts in Kannada.

Ravi said...

I loved the alternate Someshwara shathaka! Raghu, do you know how I can post my comments in kannada?

Anonymous said...

Now, Google has started its new Google Labs Feature which enables us to directly type email in Indian Languages, which includes Kannada. This feature has been extended to Blogger, Orkut, iGoogle also. For more info: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/email-in-indian-languages.html
And the group of people who take care of all Kannada related work online is known as Sampada: http://sampada.net/

kona said...

Click For More Details PenguinClub.