Sunday, February 27, 2011

Another Sunday.

Another Sunday and it is almost over. I decided to type some words to keep the blog going. Posted the last piece on our US visit about fifteen days back, felt relieved and forgot about the blog for some time. I read one book of PGW, short stories which I had either not read or did not remember and one Conandyle. Tried a third book from V S Naipaul (award winning - a bend in the river) and gave up after some fifty pages. Tried one or two Kannada books and did not find them to my liking. Started the Bhagavadgita for the 22nd time and have reached the third chapter. I have kept the book published by ISKCON (having a colourful and easily identifiable picture of ‘geetopadesha’ on the cover) on my clinic table and it seems to have boosted my image a lot.

Attended a lecture this morning on ‘Failures in Fixed dentures’ and found out how many mistakes I make and how tolerant and forgiving my patients are to keep coming back to me.

When I returned home, Tendulkar was on 97 in the thirty seventh over or so and with out my knowledge the cricket mania engulfed me. Turned a couch potato for the next twelve overs temporarily shedding my assiduously cultivated anti cricket stance.

In the evening took my old scooter for airing. It has got a faulty light and a faulty horn. The horn suddenly comes alive on its own. Just as I was approaching three teenage girls walking back home after their tuitions the horn started blaring making them turn in unison and cast nasty glances at me.

I was thinking of going on for some more time but Zahir khan has just taken three wickets at a crucial moment ( England needing 42 runs from 24 balls) and I will be damned if I miss future action. World cup Is not going to leave anyone in peace.

1 comment:

Ravi said...

.....assiduously cultivated anti cricket stance.....
Very cool, Raghu. You never fooled me for one second about that.
I have a suggestion for your reading - assuming you haven't read this - ಕೆಲವು ನೆನಪುಗಳು by ನವರತ್ನ ರಾಮರಾಯರು. It is a simply fascinating account of his working life - essentially a window into life in Krishnaraja Wodeyar's Mysore state in the early 1900s. I hope to write a critique about that book on my blog someday.