Attended the 25th convocation ceremony of the Goa University where my son received his prize. I am happy to note the following.
1. The programme DID start exactly on time with the convocation procession entering the hall at 10.30AM on the dot.
2. All the students and invitees had ALREADY ARRIVED and were seated by 10.15AM - as instructed.
3. Everybody rose as the procession entered the hall, remained standing during the national anthem and TILL the Chancellor, VC and guests took their seats on the stage - as instructed.
4.There were no compere or master of ceremonies but everyone knew their roles, had rehearsed, and performed with clockwork precision.
5. More than a hundred students received degrees, awards and prizes in person and there was not even one glitch!
6. There were more than a thousand people but NOT A SINGLE MOBILE SOUNDED DURING THE ENTIRE PROGRAMME AND NOT EVEN ONE PERSON RUSHED OUT HOLDING ONE TO THE EAR AND RETURNED PUTTING IT BACK IN THE POCKET.
7. Everyone stood up for national anthem AND REMAINED STANDING IN THEIR PLACES TILL THE ENTIRE CONVOCATION PROCESSION MOVED OUT OF THE HALL. (Items number 6 and 7 greatest surprise.)
It was one surprise after another for me. Very rarely I find something that I can appreciate and on 25th Convocation Ceremony of Goa University - 2nd Feb 2013 -I click LIKE with all capitals!