Sunday, April 14, 2019

Anmod on a summer morning.

It is two months since the Anmod Ghat on the Hubli - Goa route is closed for
traffic. Some major road work is being done. To walk on the Anmod Ghat road
when the traffic is on is probably just short of suicidal. The trafficless Anmod
was a temptation. So we took the opportunity to go walking on the ghat road
this morning. Anmod will be a green paradise during rains. Summer is not the
time to see the place. It is mostly dry. But some of my friends decided to go
there for a walk/run today. The walk on the empty road in the early morning
was very pleasant. I walked half way up - 17 kms up and down.
(feet are still aching). Those who could, ran the full length of the ghat road. Since I had my phone with me, I took some pictures and posted it here.

It was still dark when we started 


Morning sun lights up the eastern slopes


The empty ghat road, which prompted the walk

The dry slopes of summer


Triambak, Rajesh, Self, Sandeep and Praveen - from left to right.


Triambak at Molem Check post, the point where we started.

Different hues of the summer greenery. 


No comments: