Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Serendipity Art Festival - Panaji - 2019



I first heard about the Serendipity art festival four years back. I remember
that there was a music programme and an exhibition of paintings in the Panaji
Municipal Garden. I remember having seen the exhibition. My knowledge of arts
(and everything else) is poor and I don’t remember much about it.

I have been hearing the name of the festival every year since then. Last year
there were some very large and artistic (ugly to my eyes) sculptures which were
displayed all over the city during the festival and one of them, a hen in a bag,
(I think it was a product of the festival and not ordered by PMC for ‘beautification’ of
the city - I may be wrong) was given a permanent space on the footpath next to
D B Road. It occupies a major part of the footpath and I hated it and people
responsible for it, for that. Very thoughtless, irrespective of the beauty of the
sculpture. (My opinion, obviously, not of PMC)

This year I got to know of the Serendipity Festival in little more detail and registered
for few performances. I attended the River Raaga and the Yakshagana on the 18th
and was stumped by the punctuality, performance, arrangements, facilities, attention
to detail and - the most important - toilets ! I was told the arrangements were equally
good in many of the programmes my family members attended.
The festival includes dozens of programs and workshops in various art forms and also
other activities like cooking, gardening, city walks etcetc.
I plan to utilise it fully next year, if it is held in Goa !
👍👍 to Serendipity arts festival.

No comments: