Monday, October 5, 2020

Dudhsagar - Re Visited

The Dudhsagar falls in the western ghats, at the border of Goa and Karnataka can

be approached at three points. 


You may walk from Castle rock in Karnataka and reach the top of the falls.

Travel by train and reach the Dudhsagar station which is exactly in the middle,

next to the Railway bridge. Walk/ ride in a jeep from a place called Kulem In

Goa to reach the bottom. None of them convenient or enjoyable but you always

find hordes of people in the vicinity of the falls. I was one among the hordes,

yesterday. 


I went trekking to the bottom of the falls in January 2012 and decided that I

would not go there again. It is a 25 km walk up and down and almost half of it is

on a railway track. Walking on the railway track is a pain. Figuratively and literally. 

Then at a certain point, you get off the track and walk on the stone strewn mud

road under a constant threat of being run over by a jeep ferrying people to and from t

he falls. At that time you would feel that the railway track was better! You may escape

the threat by travelling in a jeep and end up wishing that you hadn’t.  All said and done,

it is not a pleasant trip. 


But my friends decided to go there again yesterday and much against my wish,

I decided to put my joints and muscles to test once again. They had conveyed me

to the falls and back, with difficulty, eight years ago, when they were younger.

I wasn’t so sure of them now but  the fact that I am sitting at home and typing these

words indicates that they are still trustworthy. Here are some pictures from yesterday’s trek.

The surrounding hills and forest are beautiful, the streams on the way are refreshing.

but if you are particular about the falls, better enjoy one of the umpteen pictures/videos !




















6 comments:

Anne Denial said...

A lot of information is very helpful for me, Thank you for sharing this article and I love the way wrote the article about Dental Care Annerley. It's amazing.

Alan Hopes said...

Amazing post! .I appreciate your hard work. Thank you for sharing. I have also shared some useful information about
U-Blanc Max Reviews On ixwallet.org

jazz said...

this can be great if you make Messmaschinen gebraucht

mark Steve said...

hood exhaust cleaning company UAE should always have a dental right ??

mark Steve said...

mawa in dubai has been the biggest relief to my teeth's

mahima Bannergie said...


Thank you for providing this blog really appreciate the efforts you have taken into creating this article.. I have one more information related with roblox.Robloxplayer exe