Saturday, October 10, 2009

No Thoughts

It is nearly two weeks since my last post. Once the final draft is done and the piece posted, the mind is free. It remains so, for three to four days. Then some sort of mental itch starts. It is time to start the next post. A bit of mental scratching keeps the itching at bay for another three or four days. But as days progress the itching gets stronger. I try to get relief by physically scratching the head and expect my action to produce some thoughts but it only produces dandruff and takes away some more hairs from the already thinning head. Now I really need to put in efforts to find something for the blog. I have noticed that I do get some ideas for a post when I am walking. There is some sort of a connection between my legs and brain. No, please do not conclude that my brain is below the knee caps like some sardarji’s brain. I am almost sure that it is in my head but somehow connected to the legs. So I walked nearly twenty five kilometres in three days. In fact, once I went so far during my morning walk, that I had to take an auto and come back home. The walking only wore out my sandals and worsened my knee pain. No thoughts.

Then suddenly out of the blue some idea got into the head and something started brewing. But some personal matter got into the gas pipe obstructing it and the burner went off. I haven’t had time to see what happened to the ingredients. They might have turned cold but I have not emptied the pot and am sure they are still there. Once the obstruction is cleared I should be able to cook up something. Till then, bye.

2 comments:

A. Knight said...

Uncle this is a well known and effective marketing strategy... COMING SOON :))

Had seen it used by movie producers and sitcoms... this is the first instance of its use in a blog! Kudos on another first :)

Ravi said...

Kailasam once started to dictate a play called ಜಾಯಾಜೀವಿ ಛಾಯಾಪತಿ. Kailasam had one brief description of Chayapathi - A photographer - ಅಲ್ಲೇ ತ್ರಿಪಾದಿ ಹಿಂದೆ ನಿಂತ್ಕೊಂಡು ಬುರ್ಕಿ ಹಾಕ್ಕೊಂಡು ಬೆದರಿಸ್ತಾ ಇದಾನ್ನೊಡು ದ್ವಿಪಾದಿ. Sadly Chayapathi was lost to us forever, because Kailasam's attention turned to Ahoblu, who you might remember is the hero in ಬಂಡ್ವಾಳ್ವಿಲ್ಲದ್ ಬಡಾಯಿ. Kailsam apparently told the person writing down his words that he had temporarily canned the character of Chayapathi, ಅವನ್ನ ಜಾಡೀಲಿ ಹಾಕಿಟ್ಟಿದ್ದೀನಿ ನನ್ರಾಜ.
You have got me intrigued, I will wait for your post.