Thursday, November 27, 2008

terrorism all pervading





This blogging is turning out to be an obsession. I try to make a writing out of whatever I see, experience or hear. I saw this crow’s nest on top of the tree next to my house and took a photograph. I did not know what to do with it.
I also saw this nest of a sun bird on the same tree. My wife pointed it out to me and said that this bird is a stupid bird because it has built the nest hanging on the stalk of a single leaf. She felt that if the leaf is shed, the nest is gone. I told her that the bird knows what it is doing and she need not label it as stupid. But apparently this bird is really stupid. This morning the nest is not there any more. It has fallen along with the leaf. And the bird is frantically searching for it’s nest. Since it had seen me near the window quite often, it might have felt that I may be the culprit and is trying to look in my window too. The result is more words for me to eat. One of the comments for one of my previous posts said that the rate at which I am eating words, I should be quite large. Appears to be true. My weight has gone up by three kilos. Now my wife takes a dig at me and says that I am the one who will need a new weighing machine.
The picture of the flowers mercifully has no stories attached. I saw this blast of flowers in a low swampy area near my house and took the pictures for the heck of it.

As I am typing all this, there is the disturbing news of terrorist attacks in Mumbai making it difficult to go on with my usual narration. Even though it does not directly affect me and I have no active role to play in controlling it, I feel very much disturbed. Any break in the peaceful routine troubles me. Whether it is a bundh some where, a bus strike, train accident or even a traffic jam.(which can be easily avoided if only people retain some sense while driving) I just can not imagine the plight of people directly affected by it. If my son were to be in Bombay now, on his way back from Durgapur would it have been possible for me to keep typing this piece calmly? So much loss of property, funds and human resources. And what a frantic situation for lakhs of people. I feel we as a country are losing inch by inch. What can we do to put an end to all these? And I wish the TV channels stop calling it a STORY. Burkha dutt of all people, whose speech usually is OK. But then, unfortunately that is the truth. unless we are involved, these are only stories for us.

1 comment:

A. Knight said...

One man's obsession is anothers daily b(READ)!! :))

Very nice photography on the nests...especially the sunbird nest...