Thursday, December 25, 2008

merry christmas







Went for a walk as usual this morning. I had got up earlier than usual and it was still dark. Passed the Ponda church on my way. Church was looking good with Christmas lighting. The parish boys had taken pains to create the scene of birth of Jesus in the compound, which was also very good. A little away from the church, I could hear loud music, laughter and shouts. Obviously a party, celebrating the festival after the mid night mass. When I went near, I found a group of men in a joyous mood. Music was blaring from their cars. Some of them were in their senses and were still capable of holding their bottles in their hands. There were a few who were known to me. I went near to wish them and shook their shaking hands further. By then one stout fellow who had more of Christmas spirit in his stomach than in his mind, came from the back, put his hands around my waist, lifted me up and started dancing. I took it in good humour for the first few seconds. When he did not put me down, I got worried. My back was strained and I was afraid that he may fall holding me. I had no intentions of spending the Christmas and new year time with my body in plaster. Luckily others noticed my distress and got me released me from the Christmas mood.

Since the church was looking good, I could not resist the urge to go back and take a picture. Went back with my camera from a different route and clicked the pictures.
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

A. Knight said...

Nice take on the ponda church uncle... am sure it must look a sight in the flesh (kind of) :)) There appears to be a hazy moon hovering above the church though and i found it a bit queer... since we are supposed to be in the new moon phase and all... Only then did i realise that your camera, like mine, needs to go for a lens clean-up... its a blotch of fungus :D

Brinda said...

shaking hands with already shaking hands........... good one.
I would have loved to have a vidio picture of the stout man dancing carrying you !!! (no need to mention that I have a lot of concern for you and your health):)

I always miss a suitable cartoon in most of your posts :)