Friday, June 19, 2009

KuruDu naayi

I am nearing one hundred posts and blogging is showing the signs of becoming an addiction. If I am unable to cook up something for more than week I start feeling jittery. Sometimes, I sit in front of the computer and stare at the screen. Blank screen and blank head, not a happy combination. During the last fifteen days I made many unsuccessful attempts to post something on the kannada blog "maatu-kate". The kannada transliteration facility does not work according to my commands. It has it's own mind. To bring two minds together is very frustrating. But I intend keeping my Kannada writing alive and so, decided to type on Baraha, take pictures and post them. But our computer never obeys my commands either. It is another family member. After folding my hands and begging it to consider my commands as requests, and taking help from it's brothers, it has obliged grudgingly. So I have been able to put up something on my kannada blog http://www.maatu-kate.blogspot.com/

I had heard 'daasara padagaLu' sung not in usual classical music style, but in folk song style -(BV Karant and group) long back. The tune and few lines which I had liked very much, remained in my memory over the years. When I got a book of collection of 'purandara daasara pdagaLu' I got the full text of some songs. Some where else, I had read a few lines explaining the inner meaning of some of the 'padagaLu'. With whatever 'knowledge' I had acquired through hearing and reading bits and pieces of our philosophy I made an attempt to explain one of the songs in my own way and have posted it. Any one who has enough pateince to read it is free to make his/her own impressions of the 'Dasara pada' and my 'bhashya', and warn others if needed.
After I published the post I noticed that the pages have come out last one first and that it needs lot of will power associted with eye power to go through it. Good luck for those of you who intend reading it.

2 comments:

Akshay said...

Blank screen and blank head, not a happy combination.
u know whats worse... blank answer paper and blank mind...

Ravi said...

ರಘು, ಬರಹ ದೈರೆಕ್ಟ್ ಉಪಯೋಗಿಸು. It is easy. Turn Baraha direct on,make sure the language is set to kannada unicode. This should work in Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. I am not sure about Google chrome. F11 ಉಪಯೋಗಿಸಿ english ನಿಂದ ಕನ್ನಡಕ್ಕೆ switch ಮಾಡಬಹುದು. Typing is as in Baraha, and you can create any letters, and combinations. Keep blogging in kannada.