Wednesday, July 15, 2009

rainy season - again

I like the rainy season. I think I have already mentioned it a dozen times and I also understand that it does not mean that I should torture everyone with rainy season posts all the time. Hence , I decided not to torture everyone and target only those who are willing and who can read kannada.
We were on the road between Margao and Quepem and came across an enchanting stretch of green. The camera was on hand and for once, in working condition. It had stopped raining for a moment, and so, I decided to get out and try my luck with the camera. As I got out of the car, the batteries fell out. The cover of the battery compartment is broken. My son informed that I need to keep the batteries in place by pressing a finger against them. As it is, I need a dozen fingers to operate his camera and am always two short. Now, I was short of three fingers! Meanwhile I had to keep an eye on the busy road if I did not intend ending up in the same condition as the camera. I arranged everything and was about to focus and click when the camera went off. My son said, that once switched on, it remains so for a few minutes and if the operator is not fast, gets bored and shuts itself off. I switched it on again and arranged myself and it started raining. I had to get into the car. By the time it stopped raining and I got out again, the other occupants of the car got bored and stared grumbling.
I am writing all this so that you understand the odds at which I have been able to get the pictures and why I am thrilled to see them and eager to share my thrill with those who are willing.
If you are willing, please go over to’kaaDu haraTe’ at www.maatu-kate.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

A. Knight said...

I object!! Strongly X-(

The preferential treatment of the Kannada blog is an outrage to us non-kannada-speakers :D

I really like the newer Monsoon photos!!! They are quite beautiful and capture the mood of the seeason perfectly...

That is what _this_ is all about :))