Saturday, July 17, 2010

Toronto

The Metropoliton Hotel was right in the middle of downtown Toronto and was comfortable. We had reached there at eleven in the night and had planned to start our Toronto sightseeing at nine the next morning. I got up as usual at 5.30 AM and managed to get out of the room as quietly as possible. I wanted to explore the immediate neighbourhood of the hotel before the city woke up.The streets were neat and there were only a few people around. There was a separate lane for cyclists and it was being put into good use. I Started walking left from the entrance and reached one of the main roads called the University road where I met this Chinese(?)lady with her dogs out on a morning walk. Every second person in Toronto looked oriental and I heard that there is a large Chinese population. The owner of the Metropoliton hotel is also Chinese.



I did not intend losing my way for which I was already famous and making others search for me instead of going on sight seeing and so I traced my path back, confirmed that I was capable of reaching the hotel and started on the right of the entrance. Since the roads were empty I had the liberty to move at will and if necessary stand in the middle and take pictures of the streets and the tramcars about which I had only heard and never seen.





I could also select spots from which I could get a reasonably good view of the buildings and places and got a picture of the old city hall(municipality).



There was an early bird which tried to touch this worm saying that he has just been discharged from a medical center and is in need of money for the fare to reach his home. I wanted to tell him that it was a trick being used in Bangalore forty years back but just walked away as I was not sure if my comments would be taken sportively.

I returned to the room, woke up the remaining of the party and managed to get everyone ready to leave by 9AM. We left the hotel at 9.15 and after searching all the roads around the hotel for the Greyline bus stop, located it right in front of the hotel.

No comments: