Friday, October 22, 2010

New York - contd.

We started walking slowly along Broadway, towards Battery park. I had never thought that I would be walking in New York one day – that being a place we only read and hear about - and it was hard to believe that I was actually there. The names and landmarks were familiar and I moved at my own pace keenly looking at everything around and reading all the sign boards and name plates.









I envied the dentist who could boast of a clinic on Broadway.



And was amused with the millionaires who bargained.



Of all the places that I had been in the US, Broadway seemed to be the closest to our shopping streets with its pushcarts – where Bhanu bought a of milkshake – and ‘shoe polish’ on foot paths.





We passed the wall street and the ‘Bull’


and soon afterwards, reached Battery park .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Dr.,
I came upon your blog accidentally while I was searching for some other info. I just nochalantly started reading a line or two and then I got more and more interested and started reading more and more. Your narrative is fabolous with a humorous, interesting, but with all the facts and in plain honesty. I was so captivated by your narrative that I am now reading all the chapters in your blog from the beginning. Those are my lovely treasured memories and I can't thank you enough for bringing those to me with your style of humor.

Please keep up your blogging ...



Your narration on your first trip to the US brought so much memories back to me and I thank you for that. You had described exactly what I had felt 15 years ago when I first got my visa and set out on my journey to the US. Thanks again