Saturday, February 15, 2020

Camping At Farmagudi

The two of us, myself and my friend Triambak, camped on the outskirts
of Ponda in an open area last night. We pitched our tent, ate our dinner,
sat for sometime looking at the sky and the procession of airplanes on
their landing path and then tried to sleep. It was strange. I was feeling
sleepy but couldn’t sleep. The tent was comfortable, weather pleasant
but sleep evaded me. I kept counting the airplanes passing over the
tent and might have slept fitfully for an hour or two. 

Morning was great, we walked around the area, took some pictures,
drank the left over hot water ( used for making soup the previous night)
and returned. We plan to use the tent more often and hope we get to do it ! 

Some pictures, here.

Our tent at night with the 'magic light' on top 

My friend, inside the tent

Wild flowers/ inflorescence or whatever, growing close to our tent

A withered old tree and a green young one - somehow the scene appealed to me. 


Few pictures of the early morning sun


Add caption

Yours truely,

Cattle and Cattle egret

Our tent and its surroundings

Morning sun as seen from within




1 comment:

Holydaytrip said...

The camping spot Shivpuri, situated near Rishikesh offers a magical rafting experience to the tourists and is even rated as one of the best rafting destinations in the world.