Thursday, April 23, 2009

just a short post

Made a short visit to Bengaluru.
Graced a ‘Upanayanam’ ceremony.
Renewed contacts with a group of relatives.
Was glad to know that I can still find my way in the by lanes of the city.
Realised that I can also weave in and out around cars and auto rikshaws on a two wheeler and reach my destination with my limbs intact.
Was surprised to note that my lungs are able to get oxygen out of carbon monoxide.
Learnt (the hard way) that sitting astride a two wheeler when the vehicle is stationary in a ‘No-Parking’ zone, amounts to ‘parking’. (a policeman taught me this and collected a ‘gurudakshina’ of rupees one hundred only)
Felt sad to find that the famous ‘Nanda talkies road’ and part of Lalbagh will be shorn off their tree cover to help constructions of the Bengaluru metro.
Returned yesterday and discharged my duty as a citizen of India, by voting a new candidate who is sure to loose.
I am not guilty of evading my duty as a citizen and will not feel guilty of making one of the known dacoits our MP.

1 comment:

Brinda said...

congrats for successfully commuting in Blore

sorry to know that you had to pay fine

i am also extremely sad about the Nanda talkies road. tale(head) illadavara kelasa. idiots.

glad that you are a true citizen. you have voted a person who will surely not win..... I guess he is a worthy person ;)