Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Short Break

I continued writing about my trip to USA and was to finish the Niagara part when I got a feeling that it is getting monotonous. It takes a lot of time and my pace is very slow. But I plan to proceed and bring it to its logical end.
I missed most of the rainy season in Goa this year, the spread of green and other associated sights which I like a lot. We had not gone out of Ponda after our return and we decided to drive down to Colva beach this evening. We took a slight detour via the village of Raia and were rewarded with this view of the paddy fields.



This being the ‘off season’ I had expected Colva to be free of crowds but the tourists seem to enjoy Goa, rain or shine. There was a considerable crowd on the beach even as dark clouds hovered above.



By the time we finished our short walk on the beach, the setting sun came out of clouds for a short while and posed.



Now that I have had my ‘chotasa’ break I can continue with the Niagara.

No comments: