Sunday, July 3, 2011

Monsoon Pictures

Yesterday it rained whole day and night. The sky was just starting to clear up with a few stars tentatively peeping out at half past five this morning. Everything was washed and cool and the outdoors was beckoning. There was enough light for me to differentiate between the road and the ditch. I decided to skip my exercise and go for a walk instead.

I went out carrying the camera along. I had not gone walking this rainy season. It was the same road which I see every day but how different it looked during monsoons! I can never stop wondering at the change the rains bring to my surroundings. It is a different world altogether - worth living in - not the one I am used to and the one that I live in! I say this at least once every year and put up few pictures to show what I mean. So, here I am at it again. At the cost of repetition.

The usual dusty road looks clean and the muddy sides, green.



These large leaved plants which grow in abundance hide the roadside garbage and the dirty roadside looks like a garden.



The drab hillside waiting to be cut into housing plots, like an animal waiting to be butchered, suddenly turns out to be - though temporarily- a piece of the western ghats,



And even the common place electric pole turns out to be a queen with a crown of green.

2 comments:

Ravi said...

I remember a trip to Kerala soon after monsoons, and being unable to spot a single inch of land uncovered by greenery. Looks great! I like the last comment about the electric pole looking like a crowned queen - are you being poetic by any chance?

M S Raghunandan said...

i try to be and make a very poor show