Monday, July 27, 2020

The Snail and Me


I met this snail when I stepped out of the door for my morning walk, today. He was
crossing our front yard at about an inch a minute. I took care not to step on him,
wished him a good day and went on my way.

It is my practice to wash my feet at the garden tap when I return from my walk.
I was about to turn the tap on when I saw the snail perched on the knob. I took
my hand away in haste. Have you ever touched a snail ? It doesn’t sting you or
burn you. But your hands get slimy and you will have to get the skin off your hands
to get rid of the slime ! I experienced it once, when a relative of my today’s friend
was sitting on the clutch lever of my scooter,  contemplating on his next move. 

I don’t know what made this snail move in that direction and take up the strenuous
exercise of climbing up the pipe and reaching the top of the knob. Maybe he just kept
moving without bothering to see where he was going and why ?  Maybe it was god’s
will, destiny, fate or whatever you prefer to call it ! The fact is that it just ended up there
and was now sitting there feeling stupid. And it has no idea what to do further ! 

I was amused because it's somewhat akin to my present situation. I had no clue
where I was heading and why. I was just moving in the direction in which god, fate,
destiny or just my stupid brain asked me to and ended up where I am. And just like
this snail, even I have no idea what to do further !

14 comments:

Get Me Up said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily Clark said...

Great information, Thank you for sharing and keep posting.
Also check -Dental websites don't have to be boring! Dental Marketo has helped countless dental practices increase their new patient numbers and thrive!
dental marketing agency
dental marketing services
digital marketing for dentists
dental seo company
dental seo services
social media for dentists
Social Media Marketing for Dentists
ppc for dentist
dental website design company
dentist online reputation management

GeM said...

Nice take sir.
Your blogs are beautiful and your writing style is inspiring. Please continue writing.

Rahul Sharma said...

nice...
if any person need to consult dentist in Ashok Vihar then contact to Best dental clinic in Ashok Vihar

Deku Meaning said...

Dekumeaning
Dekumeaning

Simpladent clinics said...

Simpladent’s Immediate loading implantation bypasses Bone augmentation and nerve intervention procedures thereby making the implantation process swift and simple.

Simpladent clinics said...

If you are missing all of your teeth, an implant-supported full bridge or full denture can replace them. Dental Implants will replace both your lost natural teeth and some of the roots.

Immediate Implants

Simpladent clinics said...

WHY SIMPLADENT CLINICS ARE CALLED THE BEST DENTAL CLINICS FOR DENTAL IMPLANTS / BASAL IMPLANTS?

Flapless Zygomatic Implants
Full Mouth Dental Implants
Best Dentist in Delhi

mjdentist said...

Delhi dentist & orthodontist Dr Jetley has been providing complete oral health dental solutions at an affordable price. The clinic has all the modern state-of-the-art facilities to give its patients the best dental experience.

mjdentist said...

Get world-class dental treatment under your price range in Defence Colony Delhi. Dr M. Jetley offers its patients the best exceptional treatments for all dental problems his service consist of Emergency dental implants, and surgeries.

mjdentist said...

Dr. M.Jetley is one of the Best dental Implantologist in Delhi with vast experience offering single tooth implants and full mouth tooth implants surgery. The patient can experience a painless surgery and get the same-day booking appointment at Dr. Jetley’s dental clinic.

Varshamore said...

This information is very helpful. Thank You for sharing such valuable information with us. To get more information about health insurance, visit our website.
Dental Charting Software

mjdentist said...

For Dr. Jetley’s Dental and Orthodontic Clinic patients are always first. We have built a great reputation for treating patients with compassion and resolving dental concerns for the lowest possible cost.Defence Colony DentistMukesh Jetley is the most reputable doctor for providing cosmetic dental implants. These surgical procedures are relatively painless.

jazz said...

gantry freze is the best thing in this